Adobe Acrobat is one of the most widely used PDF tools worldwide for reading, creating, and editing PDF documents. Despite being the creator of the PDF format, Adobe Acrobat is getting high competition from other PDF tools that offer even more advanced capabilities. On top of that, most of these tools are much cheaper than Adobe Acrobat. Therefore, this article will talk about Adobe Acrobat alternatives, starting with highlighting the pain points of Adobe Acrobat and then listing the pros and cons of the best alternatives.
Part 1. UPDF – The Most Ideal Adobe Acrobat Alternative in the Top-list
Adobe Acrobat is no doubt a good PDF editor and reader. However, many pain points of using Adobe Acrobat are reported by users across the world: such as the high cost, extra-large installation package, laggy performance, etc.
The ideal Adobe Acrobat alternative is the one that addresses the above pain points and also offers all the advanced functionalities that users need in today’s digitalized era. This is exactly what UPDF has to offer.
is an AI-driven PDF creator, editor, and manager tool that provides a click-based, user-friendly interface to access all its functionalities without any learning curve. Its powerful design makes it easily handle any size or length of PDF without any delays or lags. Besides that, it just costs $27.99/year or $43.99/one-time fee to access all the functionalities on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
The key advantages of using UPDF compared to Adobe Acrobat include
- Intuitive Interface: It provides the most intuitive interface where reading, editing, annotating, converting, and all other features are accessible from a single powerful user interface.
- Extensive Features List: It incorporates all basic to advanced PDF-related features, including viewing, editing, annotating, OCR, converting, compressing, batch processing, signing, cloud storage, etc.
- No Lagging: It showcases no lag when dealing with multiple or large PDF files.
- Errorless Features Functionality: From editing and annotating to converting and OCR, its features are error- and bug-free.
- Cost-Friendly: It costs just $27.99/year or $43.99/one-time fee compared to $19.99/month (billed annually) for Adobe Acrobat; to get UPDF Pro and its AI add-on feature together, it only costs $55.99/year or $73.99/perpetual.
- Built-in AI Assistant: It includes a powerful ChatGPT-powered built-in AI assistant that allows you to chat with PDFs and ask Q&As, summaries, translations, and explanations.
- Slideshow PDFs: It can show PDFs in slideshow form, similar to PowerPoint.
In short, UPDF not only addresses the pain points of Adobe Acrobat but also offers many advanced features, making it the best . So, download UPDF now and test its capabilities yourself with its free trial.
Part 3. 4 Other Adobe Acrobat Alternatives
There are also many other Adobe Acrobat alternatives you can choose from. Below, we have shortlisted the other four other alternatives:
1. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor is another powerful Adobe Acrobat alternative that also provides a click-based interface. It includes all the essential features to read, edit, annotate, and do other customizations with PDFs. Besides that, it also supports file conversion and OCR. It is also compatible with all four major OS systems, i.e., Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Simple user interface
- Numerous PDF-related features, such as edit, annotate, convert, etc.
- Free trial
- Less intuitive interface than UPDF
- Less supported conversion formats
- Costly ($140/year)
Sejda is another reliable alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Whether it’s editing, merging, compressing, signing, converting, or similar other activities, Sejda toolkit can handle them all. It also provides powerful functionality in organizing PDF pages, such as merge, split, delete, crop, etc.
- Simple user interface
- Feature-rich tool to create, edit, and convert PDFs
- Powerful PDF page organizing capabilities
- 7-day access plan for $7.95
- Limited advanced editing capabilities
- Occasional performance issues
- Costly ($63/year)
- No perpetual (one-time) payment option
- OCR functionality may not deliver accurate results for complex layout PDFs
3. Nitro PDF Pro
Nitro PDF Pro is a powerful PDF tool that integrates all the core features individuals, small businesses, and enterprises need. It allows you to read, create, edit, annotate, combine, convert, and do such activities with ease. In addition, it also provides an identity check for signatures for enhanced authentication.
- Easy to use
- Includes all essential PDF-related functionalities
- Powerful e-signature capabilities
- Limited conversion options
- No compatibility with Android devices
- Costly ($119.88/year)
The last Adobe Acrobat alternative we want to present is PDFLiner. It is a web-based PDF tool with a simple drag-and-drop interface to edit, sign, convert, create, fill out, lock, split, and merge PDFs. You can upload documents from your system or directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
- Web-based tool
- Simple user interface
- Limited functionalities mainly meant for basic use
- Limited conversion capabilities (PDF, JPG, and PNG)
- Limited file size
- No OCR
- No AI assistant
- Costly ($120/year)
Part 4. Comparison Table Between Adobe Acrobat Alternatives
|Performance||Performance Rank||Super High||High||Common||Common||Common|
|Slideshow with Presenter View||✓||×||×||×||×|
Looking at the above comprehensive comparison table, UPDF shines as the best Adobe Acrobat alternative. Not only does it outclass others in terms of advanced features, but its pricing plans are also the cheapest among all. On top of that, you get to access all the feature-rich capabilities on 4 devices with one account.
In short, UPDF is an all-in-one PDF reader and editor tool that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide the most advanced capabilities to users in the simplest interface. So, what are you waiting for? Download UPDF and get 63% off UPDF Pro and its AI add-on right now.
Part 5. Conclusion
Adobe Acrobat was once the only reliable tool to handle PDF documents. However, with the ongoing advancements, many Adobe Acrobat alternatives offer advanced functionalities at a much lower cost. Above, we have discussed the five alternatives of Adobe Acrobat. However, we will recommend UPDF out of all due to its extensive set of advanced features and its innovative AI assistant. So, head to the UPDF website, download the tool, and access its features right away.